He made these remarks during a visit to the Ayub Medical Complex on Tuesday, where he was briefed on the extent of damage by the tremors, which had badly affected five districts of the NWFP.
Provincial governor Commander Khalil-ur-Rehman, chief minister Akram Durrani, health minister Nasir Khan, education minister Jehangir Ashraf Qazi, minister of state for Water and Power Amir Muqam and minister of state for Petroleum and Natural Resources Amanullah Jadoon besides Saudi ambassador Awad Al Asseri were also present on the occasion.
Prime Minister Aziz particularly noted that there had been more damage to government buildings and facilities as compared to private structures that showed their flawed construction.
He directed the concerned authorities to out-source task of damage assessment and hire consultants to ensure quality construction of public sector buildings.
The premier said instead of awarding tender on the lowest bid, the quality contractors should be encouraged for future construction.
He also directed that all schools be opened after Eid in the affected areas. He said the federal government would help the NWFP government in repair of Ayub Medical Complex - the main health facility of Abbottabad, which was extensively damaged by the October 8 quake.
Earlier, at a briefing, Prime Minister Aziz was informed that the quake caused extensive damage to five NWFP districts of Abbottabad, Battagram, Kohistan, Manshera and Shangla and affected 17,000 square kilometre area.
Of the total 3.8 million populations in these districts, the quake displaced persons were 1.34 million while rests of them were indirectly affected.
The earthquake paralysed the local administration as about one-third of the government employees were either directly or indirectly affected.
Almost 59 percent of the residential structure - 251988 houses - were destroyed by the 7.6 magnitude massive quake.
As many as 2448 schools - 1753 boys and 695 girls' schools - were destroyed by the quake and an estimated Rs 3.8 billion would cost in their rebuilding.
The quake also caused an extensive damage to hospitals in these areas that would require another Rs 999 million on their repair and reconstruction.
The NWFP chief minister said a tent village was being set up at Havellian that would accommodate 100 people and its capacity could be enhanced as required.
He said all those indulged in sale of relief goods in the market would be taken to task.
Later, Prime Minister Aziz visited the tentage hospital and announced Rs 5000 each for about 133 quake-hit people living there.